The Arrive ‘Connections’ platform is built for newcomers by newcomers. It is a dynamic social and professional network designed to help newcomers, like yourself, succeed in Canada by —
- Providing you with the opportunity to network and be part of a growing community, and
- Connecting you with like-minded newcomer peers and Arrive Ambassadors who can support you in smoothly transitioning to the Canadian life.
Arrive Connections can be accessed at www.arriveconnections.com through a web browser. Our team is working hard to release a mobile app soon; stay tuned for updates!
What’s a “Connection”?
A ‘connection’ is an individual that is uniquely matched to you, based on the interests filled out in your profile. This is a feature available to all registered users on Arrive Connections and is provided to foster communication and networking, thus building a community. To receive your ‘connections’ all you need to do is head over to www.arriveconnections.com and sign-up as a new user. If you already have an account, then simply log in!
Here’s why you should “connect”
Connections and professional networks are key to finding the right opportunity in your field of choice. Canada has a “hidden” job market. The ‘hidden job market’ refers to positions that are filled without the employer advertising for it publicly. A report by Carleton University highlighted that as much as 65-85% of the jobs are not posted online. This is why building and nurturing relationships with people who can support you and making the right connections is crucial!
That’s great! How can I make the most from my Connections?
There are four things you can do to grow your network through Arrive Connections:
- Log in and connect: Each week you’ll be matched with three connections (two newcomer peers + one Arrive Ambassador). Matches reset every Sunday so be sure to log in, take that first step, and introduce yourself (by using the chat feature) to your connections before time runs out!
- Complete your profile: Be sure to fill out your profile to receive more relevant matches, personalized support, and have richer, more meaningful conversations.
- Meet your connections: One of the ways to network effectively is to take the chat offline and meet your matches over coffee or connect over an audio/video call.
- Give and receive: Become an active community member by helping out other newcomers with relevant advice or insights that you may have. Along with our newcomer community, Arrive Ambassadors are available to answer your career or settlement queries.
Who are you connected with this week?!
Log in to Arrive Connections and find out!
This article offers general information only and is not intended as legal, financial or other professional advice. A professional advisor should be consulted regarding your specific situation. While information presented is believed to be factual and current, its accuracy is not guaranteed and it should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed. All expressions of opinion reflect the judgment of the author(s) as of the date of publication and are subject to change. No endorsement of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressly given or implied by Royal Bank of Canada or its affiliates.