Over the past year, Arrive has been working to solve issues faced by newcomers and help them succeed in Canada. For most people, moving to a new country often entails starting over professionally and personally. Arrive aims to help newcomers by opening new social and professional opportunities to accelerate their ability to make Canada home.
With that goal in mind, Arrive is making some important improvements to our platform and we’re very excited to share new features that, as an Arrive user, you will have access to.
Here are important tips to get the most out of your experience on the Arrive platform:
- Update your landing status on Arrive at the earliest so that you can be matched with someone in Canada or India.
- Have an updated LinkedIn profile. Check out our webinar on Winning LinkedIn Strategies and peruse through the guide for rocking your LinkedIn profile. Review some tips to pick the right picture.
- Be sure to select your interests to help you get matched with relevant connections to feel supported and guided
What’s coming next?
- Peer Matches: When you update your profile, through intelligent matching, Arrive will connect you to a dynamic network of like-minded peers to help you feel supported and guided. Direct message your peers through our seamless one on one chat feature. Our hope is that the Arrive community will introduce you to relevant connections to build your network, both socially and professionally, helping you thrive in Canada.
- Arrive Ambassadors: A unique opportunity to connect with advocates and champions in your field of work to help you understand and navigate the Canadian job market and open new doors of opportunity to get back to your desired job, faster (coming soon!).
- Additional career-oriented events: Network with other newcomers, industry professionals, and mentors; participate in employment-focused workshops, and join our webinars for more insights and guidance on how to navigate the challenges and barriers to finding a job and settle in Canada.
How can Arrive help you?
- Matching you to a dynamic network of like-minded peers to feel supported and guided based on your unique needs
- Connecting you to meaningful connections through seamless introductions, 1-on-1 messaging and in-person events
- Accessing expert knowledge and resources on topics most important to you
This update is a part of some exciting advancements that we are making to Arrive, which is a step towards our journey to transform assistance for newcomers in Canada. If you haven’t done so already, we urge you to update your profile today!