Newcomers wanting to start their own business in Canada face some unique challenges, such as lack of familiarity with business practices, access to funding for the business and a limited professional network. The most recent Arrive newcomer webinar Starting a Small Business in Canada: What Newcomers Need to Know covered these issues and more.
Presented by Arrive and the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), this informative webinar focused on foundational steps you can take to plan out set yourself up for success as a newcomer entrepreneur in Canada. Shikha Bhuchar, co-founder of Arrive, along with Sharon Connolly from BDC’s Newcomer Entrepreneur Success team, and Clarinda Andes from RBC’s Business Accounts team walked participants through the steps needed to start a new business in Canada.
Key topics in the webinar:
- Getting started on your business plan
- How to finance your business
- Resources and programs available for newcomers
- Tips and recommendations for setting up for business
Watch the webinar to learn more!
Arrive is a dynamic social and professional network designed to help newcomers succeed in Canada. Our Connections platform and resources Hub are designed to address newcomers’ most pressing needs in career, finance, and life in Canada.
Arrive is powered by RBC Ventures Inc., a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC). RBC is the largest bank in Canada* with a long history of championing newcomer success. RBC goes the extra mile in support and funding to ensure that the Arrive newcomer platform is FREE to all.
*Based on market capitalization
Learn more about Arrive x RBC here and get started on the right foot with your finances in Canada.
- Newcomer Entrepreneurs: How to Set Goals For Your Business Plan
- Top 4 Tips for Newcomer Entrepreneurs in Canada
- For information on securing government grants or funding, check this webpage by BDC.
- Find business plan templates and other helpful tools and resources here.