Personal success is often linked to financial success, making financial literacy and its resources some of the most sought after topics by newcomers in Canada as well as those who are soon to move. Through this webinar hosted by Arrive and RBC on Finances in Canada, we help you learn the ins and outs of personal finance in Canada through topics with expert advice from Jane Chen, Assistant Branch Manager at RBC, Lucas Mendonca, Product Analyst and recent newcomer to Canada, and Shikha Bhuchar, co-founder, Arrive. Topics included:
- Types of financial accounts: chequing and savings (learn more about bank accounts here)
- An overview of financial planning
- Setting SMART goals
- Tips and insights for personal budgeting
Watch our webinar to learn more!
The right financial tools and advice can help prepare you and your family for financial success in Canada.
Check out Arrive’s newly launched, cost-of-living calculator to help you estimate and plan for your monthly living expenses in Canada.
Figuring out your financial life in Canada is more than just finding a bank account, its also about finding the right partner to invest in your financial success. RBC is the largest bank in Canada* and here to be your partner to support your financial needs.
RBC supports Arrive, and with a 150-year commitment to newcomer success in Canada, RBC goes the extra mile in support and funding to ensure that the Arrive newcomer platform is FREE to all.
*Based on market capitalization
- Five tips to get your budget started
- Credit and credit scores: What you should know
- RBC Newcomers to Canada — to learn more about RBC’s offerings for newcomers: types of accounts, mortgage, saving, investing, loans, and credit cards
- RBC interest rates
- RBC money transfers: domestic and international (wire payments)
- For financial guidance and investment advice customized to your case, book an appointment at your nearest RBC branch
Upcoming Webinars & Events:
Stay tuned for more details on registration
- August 15: Webinar on Credit and Credit Scores
- August 21: Personal Finance and Networking Event
- More to come on investments and taxation!
Learn about your banking options in Canada and be prepared. Open an RBC Chequing Account through Arrive and get $50 cash back. Click here to be contacted.
This article offers general information only and is not intended as legal, financial or other professional advice. A professional advisor should be consulted regarding your specific situation. While information presented is believed to be factual and current, its accuracy is not guaranteed and it should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed. All expressions of opinion reflect the judgment of the author(s) as of the date of publication and are subject to change. No endorsement of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressly given or implied by Royal Bank of Canada or its affiliates.