* Your credit limit will be based on financially related information about you, including income and asset information. Offer available to RBC personal deposit accountholders who are (i) permanent residents who arrived in Canada within the last 12 months, or (ii) temporary resident workers who arrived in Canada within the last 48 months, applying for a new RBC Royal Bank personal credit card (excluding the RBC Rate Advantage Visa). Existing RBC Royal Bank personal credit card cardholders are not eligible. Royal Bank of Canada reserves the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this offer at any time. Higher credit limits are subject to higher income and asset requirements.
^ Available to newcomers to Canada who are Eligible Personal Clients and do not have an existing credit card account with Royal Bank of Canada. “Eligible Personal Client” means a client who meets all of the following conditions:
- Is a newcomer to Canada having arrived in Canada within the last five years of the date an Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened. Must show proof of entry into Canada and provide supporting documents such as landing papers or permanent resident card;
- Is a resident of Canada and is of the age of majority in the province in which they reside as of the date that an Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened. Residence is determined by the jurisdiction (province or territory) where a person has their primary tax filing obligation based on their regular place of residence; and,
- Does not have an existing Personal Banking Account with us.
- For full details, including defined terms, visit https://www.rbc.com/newcomers/_assets-custom/pdf/Terms-and-Conditions.pdf
‡ Available to newcomers who are (i) permanent residents or international students who arrived in Canada within the last 12 months, or (ii) temporary resident workers who arrived in Canada within the last 48 months, provided you meet all of the eligibility and credit criteria of Royal Bank of Canada.
You must apply for the RBC Cash Back Mastercard by February 28, 2023, at an RBC Royal Bank branch, and be approved by us. You will earn an additional $4.00 back for every $100.00 (4% Cash Back Credit) in Net Purchases (including pre-authorized bill payments) charged on your RBC Cash Back Mastercard account within the first 3 months of account opening, up to a maximum total combined spend of $1,250 (“Welcome Bonus”). Thereafter, the standard Cash Back Credit earn rates of up to 2% on Grocery Store Purchases and up to 1% on other Net Purchases (that are not Grocery Store Purchases) apply. The Welcome Bonus is in addition to the standard Cash Back Credit earn rates. Cash Back Credits are not earned on cash advances (including balance transfers, cash-like transactions and bill payments that are not pre-authorized charges that you set up with a merchant), interest charges or fees, and credits for returns and adjustments will reduce or cancel the cash back credits earned by the amounts originally charged. The Welcome Bonus will appear on your next monthly statement after it was earned, and will be credited as set out in disclosure 29 (below). For complete details on the RBC Cash Back Program including standard earn rates and crediting of Cash Back Rewards, please refer to the RBC Cash Back Program Terms and Conditions at www.rbc.com/cashbackterms. Offer applies to new RBC Cash Back Mastercard accounts only.
One offer per eligible account. Existing cardholders of any RBC personal credit card, applying for or transferring to an RBC Cash Back Mastercard card, are not eligible for this offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer except as otherwise set out. Royal Bank of Canada reserves the right to modify, cancel or withdraw this offer at any time. This offer may be revoked at any time if we suspect you may be manipulating or abusing it, or engaging in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by Royal Bank of Canada in its sole discretion.
1. An RBC Royal Bank credit card with no credit history required is available to RBC personal deposit clients who are (i) permanent residents and international students who arrived in Canada within the last 12 months, or (ii) temporary resident workers who arrived in Canada within the last 48 months, provided you meet all of the eligibility and credit criteria of Royal Bank of Canada.
2. Monthly fee will be waived for the first twelve months upon account opening of the RBC Advantage Banking account or RBC VIP Banking account. Thereafter the monthly fee will be charged: monthly fee of $11.95 for the RBC Advantage Banking account or monthly fee of $30.00 for the RBC VIP Banking account. For RBC VIP Banking account, $10,000 CAD must be deposited into the account within 20 days of account opening to qualify for the promotional offer, and offer expires October 31, 2023. Other account transaction fees may apply. Monthly fee waiver for the first twelve months may be replaced with any in-market offer that applies to the RBC Advantage Banking or RBC VIP Banking account. Available only to newcomers; please see the eligibility requirements in above note *. Offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice. See complete terms and conditions.
3. You will receive a promocode granting you free access to Prepped Premium for 60 days upon booking an appointment with an RBC advisor through this webform and proceeding to open an RBC bank account with the advisor. Once you have created your free Prepped account you can enter the promocode to unlock premium access for 60 days.
4. Available only to newcomers (please see the newcomer eligibility requirements in above note *) who become RBC clients between April 1, 2020 and October 31, 2023 (Promotional Period) by opening an RBC Advantage Banking account, RBC Signature No Limit Banking account or RBC VIP Banking account (each an Eligible Personal Banking Account). International Money Transfer (IMT) transaction fee waivers will be given for up to 12 months from the date of account opening, with up to 2 IMT transactions per month (for a total of 24 IMT transactions) for RBC Advantage Banking and RBC Signature No Limit Banking account holders and up to 3 IMT transactions per month (for a total of 36 IMT transactions) for RBC VIP Banking account holders (the “IMT Offer”). Rebates to be applied to the Eligible Personal Banking Account within 45 days of a qualifying IMT transaction. This IMT Offer applies only to the first personal banking account opened per newcomer during the Promotional Period, no matter how many Eligible Personal Banking Accounts one may open during the Promotional Period. If the first personal banking account opened is not an Eligible Personal Banking Account, the offer is not applicable, even if an Eligible Personal Banking Account is subsequently opened. The IMT Offer will apply if the first non-eligible account is upgraded to an Eligible Personal Banking Account within 30 days of the non-eligible account being opened, provided that both the non-eligible account is opened and the upgrade to an Eligible Personal Banking Account is completed within the Promotional Period. The IMT Offer applies to only one account opening during the Promotional Period per Eligible Personal Banking Account, even if the Eligible Personal Banking Account is opened jointly and by more than one co-owner newcomer. In this case, only the co-owner designated as the Primary Owner at the time of opening of the jointly-held Eligible Personal Banking Account will qualify for the IMT Offer. The Eligible Personal Banking Account opened to qualify for the IMT Offer must remain open and in good standing to receive the rebate. If an Eligible Personal Banking Account is downgraded to an ineligible account type or closed, the IMT Offer will cease to apply as of the time of downgrade or closure and unrebated transactions will not be credited.
After IMT Offer, International Money Transfer transactions that are under $1,000 have a fee of $6 per transaction. Transactions between $1,000.01 to $2,500 have a fee of $10 per transaction. Excess debit transaction fee may also apply depending on the account. Additional service fees by any intermediary and receiving bank may also apply. Maximum of $2,500 Canadian dollars or Canadian dollar equivalent per client per day. Transfers can only be made from eligible Canadian dollar bank accounts. The IMT service is not available for money transfer transactions with recipients in Canada or in restricted countries. You cannot send an IMT from a U.S. dollar account or an RBC High Interest eSavings account.
5. Available only to newcomers (please see the eligibility requirements in above note *). For RBC No Limit Banking, RBC Advantage Banking and RBC Signature No Limit Banking accounts (eligible account), up to two-year rental (offer ends December 31, 2023) of a small safe deposit box (SDB) with annual fees waived, where boxes are available. Safe deposit box fees are collected in advance in January for each calendar year. If you open, switch or are converted to an eligible account, your fees for the box will be waived in full or in part for the current year, depending on the time when the box is opened, and in full for the following year. RBC VIP Banking account holders receive one small box free for every year they maintain the account in good standing as part of the ordinary product construct; offer cannot be combined with any other safe deposit box offer. Offer is subject to change without notice.
6. There is a limit of 999 free Interac e-Transfer Transactions per Month per Account; for every Interac e-Transfer Transaction over the limit, you will be charged $1.00.
7. Interac e-Transfer Transactions expire 30 days after they are sent and cannot be claimed by the recipient after this time. You have 15 days after the Interac e-Transfer Transaction is sent to cancel without charge. A $5.00 Interac e-Transfer Transaction Reclaim Fee is charged when a recipient does not accept it before it expires and the sender does not cancel the transaction before the 15-day cancellation period.
8. An ATM operator surcharge (also called convenience fee) may be charged by other ATM operators. The convenience fee is not a Royal Bank fee. It is added directly to the amount of your cash withdrawal. All clients who use non-RBC ATMs may be charged a convenience fee regardless of the type of Account they hold.
9. When you use your Client Card to make a withdrawal in a currency other than Canadian dollars at an ATM outside Canada displaying the PLUS system symbol, we will convert the amounts withdrawn and any associated charges imposed by any third party for the use of the ATM to Canadian dollars when we deduct the funds from your Account. We will convert these amounts to Canadian dollars no later than the date we post the transaction to your Account at our exchange rate, which is 2.5% over a benchmark rate set by Visa International, a subsidiary of Visa Inc., and which Royal Bank of Canada pays on the date of conversion. This rate may be different from the rate in effect on the date your ATM withdrawal occurred or on the date of the transaction.
10. RBC Royal Bank style cheques can be ordered only through RBC’s third-party authorized cheque-printing service provider. The order must be placed within three years of the Account opening date. The first order is for 50 free personalized cheques with no special add-on cheque features and includes shipping and handling, afterwards fees apply.
11. Debit transactions made using your Virtual Visa Debit Number do not count against any monthly transaction limits applicable to your personal deposit account. Other account fees may apply. Please see the RBC Royal Bank Disclosures and Agreements related to Personal Deposit Accounts booklet or other applicable account agreement for further details. You must request a Virtual Visa Debit card.
12. When you enrol your eligible RBC personal bank account into the RBC Value Program, you will be eligible to earn RBC Rewards points within the RBC Rewards Program as an Eligible Personal Banking Client, and any such points earned will be deposited into the RBC Rewards account tied to your enrolled account. Purchases from your account refers to using your RBC Client Card to pay for items at a merchant or service provider with the amount electronically debited directly from your enrolled account or using your RBC Virtual Visa Debit for purchases online. RBC Rewards points are governed by the RBC Rewards Terms and Conditions available on our website, or a copy may be provided to you by contacting us. For complete details on the Value Program, please see the Value Program Terms & Conditions.