As you prepare your move and plan for your new life in Canada, you’re going to need a good understanding of how banking and finances work in your new home. This will help you build a strong financial foundation for your future in Canada.
It’s best to start with the basics. You need to know who the major banks are and how banking works, how to open and manage your bank account, and understand how credit and credit scores work. It’s also really important to find a trusted financial advisor you can trust, who can recommend saving, loan, and investment options that meet your specific needs.
- The types of financial institutions in Canada
- Banking, investments, and money transfers
- Interest rates in Canada
- Tips to build a good credit history
- Finding a Financial Advisor who understands your needs
Newcomers in pre-arrival.
- Clem Leveau-Vallier, Head of Marketing, Arrive
- Wanzi Silva, Financial Advisor, RBC
- Jawahar Naidu, Newcomer in Canada
Approximately an hour.