A healthy mind is crucial to your success in Canada. While the prospect of restarting your life is exciting, leaving your family and friends behind to settle in a new country can be stressful, and it can take a toll on your mental health. Some newcomers experience culture shock, homesickness, anxiety, and sometimes even depression during their journey.
It’s important to access the right resources and mental health experts when you need help. The first and often most difficult step is accepting that you could use some help. Start by making your wellness and self-care a priority, seek advice from trained professionals and educate yourself through trustworthy sources of information.
- Overcoming cultural taboos to get the mental health support you need
- managing your mental health better – both in pre and post-arrival
- Coping with the pressure of finding success in Canada
- Navigating work-life balance as a newcomer
Newcomers in pre- and post-arrival.
- Shikha Bhuchar, Co-founder, Arrive
- Rodrigo Bergel, Cofounder & CMO, PsyMood
- Nadia Prando, Therapist
Approximately an hour.