At Arrive, we know that coming to a new country is a highly emotional and stressful time. The COVID-19 (or Coronavirus) pandemic has made everyone’s lives a little more stressful. We understand that as a newcomer, your situation may be more uncertain and want you to know that all of us at Arrive are thinking of you and we’re here for you. We are committed to providing you with information and resources you need over the coming days and weeks.
For those of you who are planning to come to Canada: You may have seen that earlier this week, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced far reaching measures to curtail the spread of COVID-19. As part of these measures, Canada is denying entry to all travelers who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents until further notice. We understand that this may impact your plans to emigrate to Canada. There is a lot of information available on the internet, and we understand it can become overwhelming. For access to accurate information on COVID-19 we recommend following the Government of Canada and World Health Organization for updates, facts and current restrictions:
- The Government of Canada website is a key source of information including government plans and programs.
- The World Health Organization has information about COVID-19 in different countries around the world, with up to date information about travel and other restrictions at this time.
For those newly landed newcomers to Canada: Being a newcomer to Canada is already filled with uncertainty and change. We encourage you to explore reputable sources for up to date information about COVID-19 in Canada:
- The Public Health Agency of Canada has the latest updates on the outbreak, as well as advice on preparation, prevention, and more.
- CBC is Canada’s public broadcaster and you may find it to be a reliable source for updates and current events.
Wherever you are in your journey, it is more important than ever to show support for one another. For now, this is our commitment:
- We will continue to provide you with trustworthy and accurate information about COVID-19 and how this outbreak may affect you wherever you are in your journey.
- We will continue to provide you relevant, helpful tips, tools and information about life, careers and finance in Canada that can help you make the most of your time at home.
We wish you and your families good health and success on your journey. And remember, we are with you every step of the way.
Tricia Jose and Shikha Bhuchar,
For your life in Canada