Job interviews are an excellent opportunity for potential employers to find the best candidate who fits the role and has skills that align with company needs. At the same time, interviews are also a good medium for candidates to meet with the employer, ask questions, and gauge if they like the culture and work environment.
With this webinar on interview preparation, Arrive, in collaboration with Canada’s largest bank, the Royal Bank of Canada, will guide you through the different types of interviews you should be familiar with, walk you through the necessary steps associated with preparing for the interview, and provide some tips that will help you ace your interview!
Riyan Mody, Lead Recruitment Specialist, Technology & Digital Recruitment, RBC
Shikha Bhuchar, Co-founder – Arrive
As you prepare for your job search and interviews, here are some resources that you may find useful:
- Post-interview thank you notes: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3
- Resumes :
- Cover letters: Template
Valuable blog posts:
- How to write an effective cover letter
- How to write a resume for the Canadian job market
- How to build your network: The basics, the how and where, and the coffee interview
Job search success stories:
- From Barista to a Marketing Lead — finding her desired job: In conversation with newcomer Saiyona Ghosh
- Kapil Sharma’s journey to finding his dream job in Canada
Sign up on Arrive to be notified for our upcoming events:
- February 5: Arrive and RBC in collaboration with LinkedIn is organizing a workshop to help newcomers perfect their job interview skills. The first 30 sign-ups will be able to book one-on-one time with a mentor to practice their interview skills. Registrations open soon.
- Later in February: A webinar on what you need to know when you get the job offer, including helpful tips on salary negotiation!