Watch the Webinar
Duration: 1 Hour
Networking is an important part of the Canadian work culture. Many newcomers are surprised to learn about Canada’s large hidden job market. Only 20 to 35 per cent of job openings in Canada are advertised publicly, while the remaining 65 to 80 per cent are filled through the employers’ networks. As a newcomer, building a strong professional network can help you become more visible to potential employers, learn about job opportunities before they are posted, and prepare for your job search.
So how do you build your network from scratch as a newcomer? There is more to networking than just sending a LinkedIn connection request message or exchanging business cards at an event. You’ll need to invest time to nurture your professional relationships, showcase your skills, and leave a memorable impression.
What will you learn?
- Why networking is essential for your career in Canada
- How to build your network through LinkedIn
- Making connections over coffee chats
- Finding a mentor in Canada
- Other ways to network: events, volunteering, and more
- Leveraging your network for your job search
Who is this webinar for?
Newcomers to Canada both in pre-arrival and beginning their career in Canada
Who is this presenting this webinar?
- Clem Leveau-Vallier, Head of Marketing, Arrive
- Tawnya Zwicker, Account Executive, LinkedIn
- Aishwarya Bhavsar, newcomer to Canada